Local Development Scheme
The Local Development Scheme sets out the timetable for preparing and adopting the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan.
The Greater Exeter Strategic Plan timetable:
– Issues Consultation – February 2017 (completed)
– Draft policies and site options – June 2019
– Draft Plan Consultation – November 2019
– Publication (Proposed Submission) – February 2021
– Submission – July 2021
– Hearings – September 2021
– Adoption – April 2022
The Local Development Schemes were updated in 2018 due to the plan being held up by a number of factors, the main ones being;
- Significant and ongoing review of national planning and housing policies, commencing with the Housing White Paper and most recently involving a draft revised National Planning Policy Framework and
associated Practice Guidance. These documents include amendments to the five year supply approach, a new housing “delivery test” and changes to the way housing need is calculated.
- A very high response to the “call for sites” with over 700 sites made available, which needed to be assessed and considered via the HELAA (Housing and Employment Land Availability Assessment) process.
- The need to resolve complex transport issues associated with the plan, particularly in the Exeter area, including extensive modelling, roadside interviews and scheme assessment. This work is still ongoing and will inform a key element of the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan strategy.
As the Local Development Schemes are agreed by committees, the links below will be updated accordingly.